- Two former Republican congressmen, Charles Djou of Hawaii and Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, announced their support for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden in an opinion piece on the call. .
- Djou and Edwards are members of the “Biden Republican Party and Independents”, a group of nearly 100 former Republican lawmakers who support the former vice president.
- The two criticized President Donald Trump as “a deformed person who lacks basic self-control and has no inner appearance.”
- Both Djokovic and Edwards expressed their desire to return to civilization politically, and they believed that Biden̵
- They wrote: “Joe Biden is not a perfect person, but he is a humble person.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Two former Republican congressmen strongly condemned President Donald Trump’s actions in their opinions issued on Friday, called for a return to the two-party system, and announced their support for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.
Charles Djou, a veteran of Hawaii’s First Congressional District, and Mickey Edwards, the founding trustee of the Conservative Heritage Foundation from 2010 to 2011, served as the Oklahoma State’s No. Representatives of the five districts co-authored the roll call system. They felt that the current president failed to reflect the principles of the Republican Party.
They wrote: “Donald Trump may pretend to be the heir to the great Republican tradition that has attracted both of us, but he is not a Republican.” “He is just a sick man, lacking basic self-control and no inner appearance …We are disturbed by Trump’s name calling and naive ridicule, preference for conspiracy theories, and embrace of conspiracy sites, all of which reflect disturbing paranoia.”
Although 50-year-old Djou and 83-year-old Edwards are from different states and generations, they are unified because they believe Trump lacks respect for national diversity.
They wrote: “The United States is a country of immigrants. It benefits from a national structure that weaves threads of many people, many backgrounds and cultures. All these threads are united in a common belief and love for American freedom.” Declare immigrants as “animals” and “rapists.” His anti-immigration approach is more closely related to Turkish, Russian or Chinese dictators than the Statue of Liberty in the United States. “
Last Friday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the organization is a subsidiary of the anti-Trump Lincoln project, and will provide pro-Biden services to suburban voters in Biden, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. At least $10 million spent on advertising and email.
The former congressmen expressed their support for the former vice president at the end of their article.
They said: “Joe Biden is not a perfect person, but he is a humble person.” “The United States needs to restore our president’s sense of national unity, basic civilization and authentic character.”